Monday 4 October 2010

14.09.10

In our first lesson, we were given the title of our project which is contrast, I personally think that overall it's a good theme as there's numerous ways in which I can interpret the meaning to my liking. As a group we discussed contrast and then went onto list subjects which we could consider for our projects. This included the following:
.
Rich - Poor
Reality - Surrealism
Sharp - Blurry (DOF)
...as well as numerous others.
.
For me this project would be easier if I worked with a film camera because that is what i am more comfortable with. Also I like using the darkroom and techniques in there as opposed to photoshop to enhance my photos.

.
After discussing ideas we went through the different parts of the film camera as well as DSLR which I was all familiar with. Then we learnt about exposure which is controlled by the F.Stop and Shutter speed. Next we went outside to test the cameras in groups. As it was dark with the only light artificial from lampposts, it was good to try out motion blur and creatve camera shake by lowering the shutter speed to have a long exposure.